Monday 9 March 2015

Cupcake Inspirations Challenge 300 - Confetti Inspiration

Hi Everyone,
 
Cupcake Inspirations are celebrating their 300th Challenge...they're giving away awesome prizes for their celebration challenge which cover 3 inspirational images. This is the third challenge entry.
 
This is their image and I absolutely love the vanilla setting with the pop of tiny colour all over:
 
 
 
My result:
 


I created a shaker card and I must say I struggled...I don't make these often enough (probably once before...it didn't even work cause I didn't have enough height of the foam). These type of cards take time but can be very rewarding and I'm glad to say it worked out this time.

I die cut a rectangle opening on my patterned paper and a rectangle border using my Bigshot machine. The border was covered in polka dot washi tape. The shaker was created by adding acetate sheet and then forming the compartment using foam. I filled it with sequins and little confetti flowers which I die cut using my Olba hand punch tool. I chose about 5 bright cardstock colours for the confetti. I adhered everything together and then mounted the panel onto a top folding green cardstock. I added the image and sentiment from Mama Elephant In my Heart stamp set. I copic coloured the little girl with pink, red and blue green for her shoes while the sentiment was white heat embossed on pink cardstock. To complete the card I added some enamel dots.


 

3 comments:

  1. What a super fun confetti card! Love all those fun sequins! Thank you so much for joining us for our 300th challenge!
    Hugs, Debbie, DT Sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all that gorgeous confetti! Such a fun card! Thanks so much for joining in the fun for the Cupcakes Inspirations 300th Challenge Celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card. Love the confetti shaker! Thanks for playing our 300th Celebration at Cupcakes Inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment...really appreciated!