Thursday 21 August 2014

SYS2 Card 5

My final card as part of the SYS2 class...Inspired by Debby Hughes!

I used a top folded base of 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 inches and a front panel of 3 3/8 by 4 5/8 inches of Neenah solar white cardstock. For the intermediate layers I made use of patterned paper from the Basic Grey collections Blush (blue with brown and green distress patterns) and Sugared (pink with white flower patterns and a bit of distress looks)...feel free to use what you have in your paper stash.

On the front panel I used stamps from Papersmooches Botanicals 1 and 2. The dandelion, dragonfly and butterfly was used from Botanicals 1 and the rest from the second set. I used the images and stamped on the bottom left corner to mimic the look of a garden. I used various inks as listed below:

- Studio Calico Color Theory - Sunny Day (Yellow), Blush Crush (Pink) and Clean Slate (Grey)
- Versamagic Dew Drop Chalk Ink - Aquatic Splash and Key Lime

The main flower in pink was heat embossed using Distress Embossing powder in Worn Lipstick. I coloured the inside of the leaves with a dark pink Copic Ciao marker thereby shading the leave. I did the same technique on the centre of the dandelion.


The Hello sentiment was from Papersmooches Bold Buzzwords...I stamped it using Hero Arts Chalk Ink in the colour Splash and then applied glossy accents to give it a puffy look.

I arranged the panels how I best preferred them and mounted it onto the base (Note: I added a splash of ink onto the bottom of the base prior to mounting). I used adhesive on the first patterned paper that got mounted onto the base and then used foam squares elsewhere. Debby used a clothespin on her card, whereas I used a paper clip on the top left corner. Using a glue dot, I stuck a bow made from SewEasy twine in the colour Blue Lagoon. I rubbed on some multi medium matte onto the twine before affixing it, just so that it would keep the bow shape. To finish off, I added Summer Stories enamel dots by Teresa Collins.

One of my best cards so far...really pleased with how this turned out!

Enjoy making your own variation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment...really appreciated!