Thursday 21 August 2014

SYS2 Card 4

Hey Everyone,

My card today showcases the most adorable kitty image stamp ever...simply my favourite! It's from Papersmooches and the set is called Party Posse. I stamped it onto white cardstock using Black Soot Distress Ink and coloured it in using Copic Ciaos markers. I used various pink and purple colours till I was satisfied with the final blended colour. I added with white gel pen a little highlight on its nose and then cut out the entire image, leaving a 1mm white edge around it.

Moving onto the tag on the card, I used white cardstock and cut it down to 2 by 3 1/2 and trimmed out a flag end. I also cut vellum 2mm (approx. 1/16")  smaller than the white cardstock tag. I then heat embossed clear powder onto a pink stamped sentiment image from the Party Posse set. I took a pink Copic Ciao and lightly coloured the back side of the stamped image on the vellum. Using clear adhesive I adhered the vellum onto the tag.

Onto the panel...I made use of a plaid patterned paper by Fabscraps and cut it down to 4 by 5 1/4 inches. I temporarily adhered it to my craft sheet and then also a stencil over it towards the bottom right corner. The stencil used was the Doily template by Kaisercraft. I then used white embossing paste by Wendy Vecchi and applied it over the stencil with a pallet knife. I had to be careful not to over apply the paste as it can seep under the stencil and ruin the image. I then removed the stencil gently and left it to dry. (Note: Stencils should be washed immediately)


After the paste dried, I mounted the panel using foam squares onto a Neenah Solar white cardstock side-folded down to 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 inches. The tag and kitty image were mounted over the panel also using foam squares. I finished of the card with a few pink sugar dots by Prima.

Hope you enjoyed the card...Go on and create your version!

Please do comment and link your projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment...really appreciated!