Wednesday 20 August 2014

SYS2 Card 3

The card for today displays rich orange and pink tones, almost replicating the look of fire in my opinion. So let's begin...

I started of with a Neenah Solar white cardstock panel measuring 3 3/4 by 5 1/4 inches. I then used Dylusions Ink Spray by Dyan Reaveley in the colours Lemon Zest, Squeezed Orange and Bubblegum Pink. I kept the spray about 8 inches (20cm) away from my project. I mainly used the first two colours on the panel and added the pink last. I sprayed on very lightly the pink to form "droplets" of colour, so you can see its not over powering the card. Afterwards I used Walnut Stain Distress Ink with a blending tool to darken the edges .


I stamped an image (Tim Holtz Flourish 2 rubber stamp) in Versafine Onyx Black on the top edge of the panel. I then heat embossed Liquid Platinum by Ranger for my sentiment stamp. I used the "happy birthday" sentiment from SimonSaysStamp Handwritten Borders stamp set and added silver and grey washi tape to the bottom of panel. To finish of I mounted the panel onto black cardstock folded down to 4 by 5 3/8 inches using foam squares.

If I could improve on the card, I would have rather embossed in black so that the sentiment stands out more. But I'm quite happy with how this turned out with the colour combinations I used.

Let me know what you think of the card!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment...really appreciated!