Sunday 17 August 2014

SYS2 Card 1

I created this card using neenah solar white cardstock folded down to 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 as a base. For the panel I used the same cardstock, powered it first and then white embossed several times an image from Paper Smooches Botanicals 2 stamp set.
I took that same image and then using Walnut Stain Distress ink pad, I stamped dark shadows in the background. Ink will get onto the white embossing since no masking was done on the image... I'll sort that out at the end. Next using Distress ink pad in Vintage Photo and a mini blending tool, I started distressing the panel from outside towards the centre till the entire panel is covered. Thereafter I used Walnut Stain to darken the edges using the same technique.
I stamped in Versafine Black Onyx ink a sentiment from Paper Smooches Pretty Phrases stamp set. I then mounted the panel onto the base using foam squares and added stitching to the edges using a brown fineliner pen.
I used a wet tissue to gently wipe away the excess ink on the embossing to expose the bright white colour of the image.
Hope you liked the card for today.
Be sure to comment and share your ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment...really appreciated!