Tuesday 19 August 2014

SYS2 Card 2

Hi Everyone,

Today my card is a top folding card with beautiful pink and purple tones...love these colours!

For the panel and base I used Neenah solar white cardstock 80lb cut to 3 7/8 by 3 1/2 and folded down to 4 1/8 by 4 1/4 respectively. I stamp an image from Taylored Expressions Notable Blooms stamp set using Tim Holtz Distress Ink pad in Black Soot. I then coloured the image using Copic Ciao markers. Unfortunately I didn't keep a track of the colours I used but pick a few shades similar to these if you want to replicate the same colour scheme.

 
I then stamped a sentiment from the same stamp set using clear Emboss it by Ranger and then heat embossed Liquid Platinum embossing powder also by Ranger. I rounded the corners of the panel and mounted it onto a 3 3/8 by 3 7/8 purple patterned paper from Basic Grey's Wisteria paper pad using foam squares. I then used glue tape to mount the entire panel onto the base. To finish up the card I used a white gel pen to add some highlights to the image and stitching on the patterned paper. I also added 3 enamel dots from Studio Calico's Color Theory.

Hope the card inspires you!

Please comment and link back to your ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment...really appreciated!